Superior Essex announces MV Primary UD Cable TR-XLPE/CN/LLDPE now MV-90 per UL 1072 Series E9xK
Atlanta, GA, November 15, 2016
Superior Essex Energy, a division of LS Cable & System U.S.A., Inc. announces it has received the MV-90 listing, per UL 1072, for our Medium Voltage (MV) Primary Underground Distribution (UD), Series E9xK, with TR-XLPE insulation, concentric wire neutral and LLDPE jacket. This design is suitable for underground primary power applications, wet and dry locations, and for direct burial installation or in duct. These cables are fully compliant to industry standards -- ASTM, ICEA S-94-649, ICEA T-31-610 (for fill strand), AEIC CS8 and now UL 1072 (MV-90) and accepted by RUS.
- Copper or Aluminum (Al-1350), compressed strand, unfilled, 2AWG - 1250kcmil conductor
- Copper or Aluminum (Al-1350), compressed strand, filled, 2AWG - 1000kcmil conductor
- Voltage - 5kV through 35kV (100% and 133% insulation level)
- Insulation: Tree-Retardant Cross-linked Polyethylene (TR-XLPE)
- Helically applied copper wires for concentric neutral configurations (Full or Reduced)
- Linear Low-Density Polyethylene (LLDPE) jacket
- Also available with EPR insulation, concentric neutrals, LLDPE jacket, Series E9xP
Made in the USA in our state-of-the-art manufacturing facility in Tarboro, NC, Superior Essex Energy continues to deliver high-quality products. For more information about Superior Essex Energy MV UD cables, visit the product page.
About LS Cable & System U.S.A., Inc.
LS Cable & System U.S.A., Inc. is a leading U.S. manufacturer and supplier of energy wire and cable products serving the Commercial, Industrial, Renewable Energy and Utility markets. Product lines include Low Voltage Tray Cable instrumentation, control, and power, to Medium Voltage, UL Type MV-105, and Primary URD, all in full compliance to U.S. industry standards. LS Cable & System U.S.A., Inc. is a subsidiary of LS Cable & System. ls.spsx.com